ADVERTISEMENT

Championships streak

Gerald McGowin

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2015
Fredericksburg, VA
Was a post asking if we could keep the streak alive.

This WBB team can win it all, easily.

But it depends.

First and foremost it depends on Cameron Brink.

She can't help us if she is sitting on the bench. She has to play 35 minutes a game. Last night she only played 26 minutes. They could stay with us when she was out. When she finally came back in in the 4th quarter it was total dominance.

Her playing 35 minutes is impacted by 3 things: A. Cameron could change her defensive game by being not so aggressive. Given her proclivities, I'm not counting on this happening. B. The refs could not call the ticky tacky stuff. Think that happened last night. C. Tara lets her foul out. I don't get the aversion to playing her when she has 3 or 4 fouls.

Secondly, it depends upon us not having cold outside shooters. Demetre or Jones or Jump can quickly shoot us out of the game when they are cold. Not sure of what to make of Emma-Nnopu last night but she played great defense , no TOs, 2-3 FG. Jones was 0-4 on 3s, 6-18 FGs.

Thirdly, we need to figure out who is the fifth best player on this team. I and Tara seem to have concluded it isn't Iriafin. Although she still starts Kiki. I think it is Betts but that's obviously not happening. I want us to go big. But if we go small I would be OK with more minutes for Nivar. Emma-Nnopu is an interesting new option.

Fourth, please take the ball out of Jones's hands and keep her from forcing things. She is not a point guard.

Reactions: Dwhiteing
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News