ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Big Visit: James Pogorelc and Scotty Edwards

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
Stanford hosted two uncommitted 2020 recruits during "Big Visit": offensive tackle James Pogorelc and safety Scotty Edwards.

The second signing day is Feb. 5 and both Pogorelc and Edwards are expected to announce their college decisions before then. Edwards won't be until the week of signing day because he will take an official visit to BYU this weekend.

It was the second visit to Stanford for Pogorelc and Edwards. They had a great time and once again the real benefit of the activities packed into the 48 hours is who these kids get to share them with.

"My favorite thing was just bonding with the signees and also the current players and getting to know them better," Pogorelc messaged. "I also enjoyed doing an escape room with them because it built teamwork and trust, and the VR building (tour) because it was just really fun. The VR was just various simulations and it was just really interesting and cool.

"I could see them (the 2020 commits and current players) as my future teammates. It was great to be back on campus, the weather was beautiful and so was campus."

Pogorelc felt wanted by the Stanford coaches and will choose between Stanford, Michigan and Virginia -- he visited Michigan and Virginia last month and and I consider that trio to be his top schools.

"I’m just going to have to do some deep thinking and decide which school has the best combination of what I want."

Edwards was really impressed by the current players after his first visit and described them as well-rounded guys -- he didn't feel the "football only" vibe that he has felt elsewhere. Which is why he really enjoyed meeting with professors.

"They had a panel of professors come talk to us and it was awesome to hear from them. It’s cool because the professors are super supportive of the athletes and are super willing to help. And then I loved getting to know the coaches better."

Edwards appreciates how well Stanford recruits LDS athletes and how many are on the roster already. He "absolutely" feels like he can be comfortable at Stanford as a student and an athlete in the locker room.

"Everybody is super accepting and supportive down there. It’s a great place to be."

I predict that Pogorelc and Edwards will sign with Stanford next week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News