ADVERTISEMENT

Big Bowl, medium bowl, Las Vegas, or no bowl?

SLS90

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2017
This is not a poll suggestion; but rather, to note that tonight’s game is rather large on the above question.

And believe it or not, I do NOT want Stanford in the Vegas Bowl this year because (i) that will mean Stanford finishes the season 7-5/6-6 (3-5/4-4 in last 8 games) – in other words, drain-circling, (ii) was just in Vegas, and (iii) the game is on a $hitty weekend (before kids are out for holidays and they are still playing in sports tournaments).

Like others, I have no clue or expectation about tonight’s game, and it’s unsettling. Hoping for the best; but dreading the worst.

The bright side: the roster talent is very good on O; and the D, while young, has upside and should improve as season progresses (and Toohill returning helps).

The not bright side: the O needs a complete overhaul and that won’t happen in-season (if it ever will). That means a minor tweak here and there (perhaps a bit more play action on first downs; perhaps a bit more swing passes; perhaps a bit more misdirection). And maybe the OL will get a bit more settled and better at run blocking.

Lots of variables and uncertainty.

Go Cardinal!

And kudos to all Stanford fans at the game in Tempe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News