ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 2021 QBs to keep an eye on (Nov. 6 Update)

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
In addition to Miller Moss, Stanford is evaluating Ari Patu and Preston Stone. I wouldn't call that a final three, though. There are several recruits committed to other schools who Stanford is monitoring from afar. I think it's right to say Moss, Patu and Stone are receiving the majority of recruiting attention from Tavita Pritchard.

It's an interesting trio and Patu stands out as the easy outlier. He's not the starter at Folsom High and doesn't play much. Senior Jake Reithmeier is the starter and is an unranked recruit with no reported offers. Patu camped at Stanford in July. There's no denying he has a live arm after watching his Hudl and remembering his camp performance. He can deliver passes on a rope.

Moss and Stone are established national prospects. Stone is No. 23 overall on Rivals and Moss is No. 122.

Stone and Pritchard actually have a pretty good relationship and Pritchard has visited the high school multiple times. I'm confident that Stone was one of the quarterbacks Pritchard was really disappointed didn't camp.

If it comes down to Stone versus Moss there is a major factor to consider: Stone is an SMU legacy who plays in Dallas and has been SMU's top target for the class from the start. SMU has made it clear they view him as the guy who can take the program to the next step.

Moss, on the other hand, is a Stanford legacy, has been on campus many times, and his mom is a major ally, as you'd expect of a graduate. Even without that extra help a Stanford offer would mean a lot to Moss.

I think Patu is someone Stanford can keep on the board into his senior season, which is a good option to have in case he takes off as a prospect. He also is an excellent student.

Here are Hudl videos of Moss, Stone and Patu.

Moss' "mid-season highlight":

Winning TD run by Stone as time expired

Full-game highlight of that win

Patu versus Rocklin:

Last edited:
Reactions: StanMBAfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News