ADVERTISEMENT

2020 roster observations

msqueri

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
The 2020 spring roster is out. Some observations:

* I count 62 scholarship players, including the walk-ons previously elevated to scholarship stats. Adding in the #CardClass20 players I understand to have scholarships puts us at 83 scholarship players for the fall, assuming no further attrition. There is room to elevate a walk-on or two, if desired.

* Attrition: Obi Eboh, Jovan Swann, Michael Williams, Bo Peek, Andrew Pryts, Collin Riccitelli, Henry Hattis, Trey Stratford, Dylan Powell, Anthony Trinh, Grant Pease, Devery Hamilton, Alex Gracey, KJ Costello, Jack Richardson, Trevor Speights, Colby Parkinson, Donald Stewart, Harry Schwartz, Kale Lucas

* By and large the attrition looks very healthy. We needed almost all of these scholarship guys to leave in order to clear up room. If one were picking a fantasy roster it's not exactly the attrition one would have picked (Williams, Swann, and Parkinson would have been nicer to have than Noah Williams, JJ Parson, and Treyjohn Butler), but honestly it's pretty close. Regarding the walk-on attrition, it's perennial that a handful of walk-ons will hang it up and none of this really matters IMHO. I know Pease has long been talked up but I always felt that was disconnected from our history with walk-on offensive linemen.

* We have eight scholarship OL and five scholarship DL for the spring. Those pipelines could stand to be a little healthier but they do get reinforcements over the summer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News