ADVERTISEMENT

2019 run game

Gerald McGowin

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2015
Fredericksburg, VA
I have yet to understand what went wrong with Bryce Love last year. I was ecstatic that he was coming back. But it didn't work.

Why?

I'm fairly sure that part of it was the Oline injury situation. How much? 10%? 50%? Dunno.

Also, my eyes told me Bryce 2018 wasn't Bryce 2017. When that first unblocked tackler got to him 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage, he couldn't make them miss the way he used to. Hope that's over, he's entirely cured and will be back to his old self as an NFL rookie.

Injuries happen. And I'm not buying that all of a sudden Turley stunk. Just bad luck.

What about the other causes?

Was Bloomgren a lot better than I thought?

Is Carberry a lot worse than I had expected?

Did every team on our schedule look at the 2017 films and say "everybody on the defense key on Love and not worry about anything else"?

Is the Pritchard/Shaw offense more incompetent than I've feared?

I have made pretty much the same prediction for Stanford for a number of years. 9 regular season wins with 10 more likely than 8. I won't make a prediction this year because last year was too puzzling for me.

One other, non Stanford question. Will the other 3 California PAC12 teams continue to be on a down cycle?

Reactions: flamethrower205
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News