ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit 2019 DB Salim Turner-Muhammad

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
Colby Bowman has a friend on the 2019 commit list. Salim Turner-Muhammad has committed to Stanford, his self-described dream school, over offers from Notre Dame, Michigan, Wisconsin, Boston College and others.

Here is a Rivals story with quotes by Rivals mid-Atlantic recruiting analyst Adam Friedman:

https://n.rivals.com/news/four-star-db-salim-turner-muhammad-commits-to-stanford

He's a 6-1 corner from New York City who attends Episcopal High in Virginia, which is the same school as 2018 commit Ricky Miezan.

Below is an evaluation from Friedman:

"He's a great kid and a great prospect. I've known Salim for many years. I knew him when he was still going to school in New York City. He has developed into a quality player. He's over six feet tall and is 185 or so pounds. He's a long, instinctual, smooth athlete who has a good eye for the ball. He does a good job of taking one receiver out of the game. He blankets them. He has very good footwork and is a very smart player.

"He has been doing a good job this year in the camps and 7-on-7. Being able to see him against the elite competition is always good. The league he plays in and the teams they play, there are some good players but he is challenged more during the 7-on-7 circuit and camp circuit. It certainly has helped him develop ... he has become very smart and instinctual. When the ball is coming his way, knowing where to be to even bait quarterbacks into throwing to him. And that length really helps him.

"He has plenty of room left in his frame to fill out. I expect him to become more of a physical defensive back once he gets to college. Because he does have that big frame I wouldn't be surprised to see him play safety at some point. I think that's definitely possible. I really do like his tools right now."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News