ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 2017 QB Hunter Johnson talks camp, Stanford

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
Here's the post-camp article with 2017 QB Hunter Johnson, who was easily among the top QB's at Stanford's camp last week.

Hunter plays everything pretty close to the vest, but a Stanford offer would definitely be considered. He really wants to play in a pro-style offense, the academic piece is appealing, they hit it off with Pritchard, and so on. Notre Dame might be the biggest contender, and they could be tough to top (location, academics, good relationship with Mike Sanford, whose pro-style background is appealing), and I've also heard Florida is a school that has his attention. (NC State, Penn State and Tennessee are a few of the other programs he's rumored to be considering.)

I do think Hunter might end up making a decision somewhat sooner than later (i.e. before start of junior season is a possibility), and I still don't know who will end up getting Stanford's QB offer or when the offer will be extended - Johnson, McCafrey, Jake Allen and Davis Mills were all quite good - but Hunter will be one of the QB's to watch over the next few months.

Link: https://stanford.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1777040

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News