ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting UCLA game visitor list updated as confirmed

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
I'm working to confirm with several recruits who may be at Stanford this weekend. I don't expect a large group, and especially not for 2018 scholarship recruits given what I've heard and read about a number of those guys targeting the Arizona State week or later in the season. There are high school bye weeks and other factors to consider, such as there being five more home games.

Brian Williams (2019 Safety) will make his second trip in two months. The five star safety from Bishop Dunne in Texas may be announcing a top list soon and I think Stanford has made a strong impression on Rivals' No. 11 overall recruit in 2019.

Steele Chambers (2019 LB/RB) confirmed this morning he will visit. He was at Stanford for the June 20 camp and June 21 junior day. I heard from several sources Stanford was in a strong position after that visit and that was before he was offered. I think this visit is a chance to re-establish that strong position/further the lead after I thought Michigan was doing well with him of late. Michigan is pushing hard for many of the same 2019 Georgians as Stanford. Chambers has 454 yards rushing on 81 carries and six touchdowns. Playing mostly safety and a little OLB, he has 22 tackles through five games, according to Maxpreps. He also is a good outfield prospect who reports offers from Vanderbilt in both sports.

Jonathan McGill (2019 DB) earned an offer during the June 20 camp. He will return this weekend. McGill has been impressing people in Texas with his start to the season for Coppell High, which is the same school Solomon Thomas attended. Thomas and McGill train at the same place in Coppell and have become friends. He's a four star on 247/Scout and has been playing with a cast on his right hand because of a broken thumb. And yet he reportedly is still doing very well.

Joshua Pakola (2019 OLB) He confirmed with me this afternoon that the local top-100 linebacker will make the short trip from his home to The Farm. Stanford is a strong favorite for the Saint Francis High (Mountain View) recruit.

RJ Mickens (2020 CB) This will be Mickens' second visit to Stanford in two months because like Brian Williams he was at Stanford July 28. The Southlake Carroll High cornerback already has an elite national recruiting profile. He excelled in front of the Stanford coaches at Friday Night Lights. He attends the same high school that Obi Eboh attended. Mickens is a very strong candidate to be the first 2020 offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he is offered before he finishes his third semester, but most likely it will be afterward considering it's the first grades that count for Stanford.

Edit Sept. 23:

DJ Turner (2019 CB): Turner making it back to Stanford is a bit of a surprise to me and a good one for Stanford. He visited in June with his good friend Jalen Perry, who also is a 2019 CB from Georgia and is a four star. Turner went on a late summer surge with offers in the past couple months from Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Alabama, Clemson, Penn State, Virginia, Michigan, etc. And now he's at Stanford for a second visit in three months.

Perry talked about wanting to see Stanford again with Turner and he told me they both really enjoyed the experience and talk about Stanford back home. And unless something has changed from a quote he gave his freshman year, Turner's parents don't let him play football unless he has at least a 3.5 GPA.

Zayd DeLane (2020 RB/LB): I don't know much about DeLane other than he visited Stanford back in April and reports a 4.0 GPA on his Twitter bio. He likes a lot of Stanford football posts on Twitter and appears to already have the attention of Ron Gould. DeLane attends Landon High in Bethesda, Maryland. Here is a link to his freshman highlights and very short clips from games this season against St. Mary's and Whitman.

CSR Note: Going back to the spring junior days there has been a strong trend of getting top 2019 defensive players on campus. Now we're already seeing return trips from several of them and all are, of course, unofficial visits.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News