ADVERTISEMENT

Transcript of Shaw's Pac-12 Media Day Interview

dnburge

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2012
I haven't seen this posted (Link). I found the OL discussion the most interesting. No OL has struggled more during the Harbaugh/Shaw era than did Hall at LT last year, but I'd love to see him play really well starting at RT until one of the freshmen whales takes over, and think it's quite possible.

Q. How did Casey Tucker and A.T. Hall measure against some of the talented tackles that you have, and how much are you counting on those guys to really set the tone?

DAVID SHAW: Well, A.T. especially, listed as a starter at right tackle for us right now. He had kind of an up and-down year, but his up was really, really good. His upside, his length and athleticism, I mean, it's exciting. He's got a really good chance to be a really good tackle. We moved David Bright to left tackle this year. Dave's got a chance to be really good. A fifth-year senior, one of our budding leaders on the football team. Casey Tucker is going to have a chance to compete inside. He's one of those guys that had dealt with so many minor injuries. He'd miss a game, and then come back and play maybe 80 percent, not really capable of doing the things we know he can do. Now completely healthy. Had a really good spring, an exciting spring. He's got a legitimate shot to start and play for us at right guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News