ADVERTISEMENT

"TightEndWho"

MCOOK2953

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2012
Yes it is a mess. Can't help thinking what it means to have tight end production as a stabilizing influence in an offense. Thinking back to Hogan's first big game and how important Ertz was to the success of that game at Autzen. Then, when I think about putting weapons on the field, it seems we are leaving about half the arsenal off the field about half the time. Sure Taboada was hurt and missed a bunch of games. But now, I think I would have two tight ends in there almost always. Would be using Taboada in the slot, out of the backfield etc. Would have Love, Christian, Schultz, Taboada. Irwin in some sets. Would put Taboada or Schultz at fullback in some sets and run or pass out of it. Would put someone like Wilson at fullback and hell, even throw the ball to him. We just aren't doing enough to make defenses concerned about defending anything but our running back and wide receiver sets. We can't get it done with the wide receivers alone. Not enought time. Defenses must be forced to defend the whole field and big bodies and we aren't making them do so. 4 TURNOVERS is ridiculous, but saw some pretty good stuff out of Burns at N.D. Just don't feel the same about him as I did Nunes. Ryan can throw the ball (with the exception of the deep ball) where he wants it to go. Much different than Nunes.
Maybe I am just too much of an optimist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News