ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Press Conference/Arizona

StanfordMan

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2009
I continue to be dismayed and disappointed by the lack of more nuanced probing in the questioning of Taylor. I understand that we aren’t dealing with a broader media coverage of these PC’s; and, therefore, the regulars at these PC’s are apparently being more gentle in their questioning so as to not create angst that impacts their access. But c’mon…despite having a Player of the Week honors player in the Hawaii game, which was followed by a disappearing act in game #2 and a non-appearance in the first half of game #3, there wasn’t a single question to try and glean what’s going on there. Also, many of us on this site have been questioning whether Patu should get a shot at playing. Yet there was no question about that possibility. And in terms of the current QB situation, Taylor did say that he plans to use both Daniels and Lamson going forward. But there were no follow-up questions to dig deeper as to what that means. Who will start this week? How will he decide who starts? Will the timing of switching QB’s be situational or based on performance? Will he stay with the one with the ”hot hand?” Etc. I just think that the questions are so vanilla and the answers mostly predictable. Lastly, I did observe that Taylor wore a Stanford hat and shirt at this PC, as opposed to a generic Nike hat and shirt that he has worn several times previously. In fact, at the beginning of the PC, he grabbed at his hat, almost as if to draw attention to the fact he what he was wearing was Stanford. Just my speculation, but I did mention this issue to a few people; so maybe the message got to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News