ADVERTISEMENT

# Takeaways from loss to UW

Treetop11

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2015
1. I harp on FT shooting, but this was a game where missed FTs cost us the game. Guys really need to look themselves in the mirror. It's the only thing on the court that is their total control - zero reliance upon the opponent, your teammates, your coaches, the refs, and at home no hostile crowd. Make 2 more FTs (paltry 68%) and we win.

2. Shooting overall not just FTs, but open threes and mid range. Players need to practice them in the offseason until their arms are practically ready to fall off. Nobody is likely to hit more than 50% even if wide open every time, but we miss far too many.

3. The team needs to attend a long clinic on passing and catching the ball. I can see turnovers from occasional traveling, charges, some forced TOs under heavy pressure, or even the occasional errant pass. But our guys throw the ball away way too often. Drives me nuts when they can easily see a defender in line or very close to a passing lane, and our guys still throw it there.

Clean up these three things and we win a lot more games.

Sharma played like a man possessed and was very good. Oscar, Ryan, and Sheffield also played well. But little or no help from anyone else.

This was a good to be had for the taking and we missed a big opportunity to sneak into 4th place or a strong 5th.

Reactions: pcthiker10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News