ADVERTISEMENT

*Sunday night recruiting tidbits*

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
Obviously the big news of today was Dylan Jackson committing to Stanford. The comparison there is Henry Anderson, and it's a massive pickup for Stanford considering his skill level and the fact that he plays a position of need.

I've been able to work the phones and some other information to pass along.

-At this point I can report that it appears things will not work out with Anree Saint-Amour and Stanford. Expect him to wind up at Georgia Tech, Minnesota, or some other program.

-It doesn't look great, but Stanford is actually still alive with Zach Abercrumbia. But I would not bet on him ending up in the class. We will see.

-It sounds like Stanford will bring in the player committed elsewhere that I referenced in a previous post for an official visit on Jan. 30, and it sounds like he would be a take for Stanford. Not 100 percent sure, but leaning that way. This is still a bit of a sensitive situation, so I'll have more when appropriate.

-As for the rest of the uncommitted guys (Justin Reid, Gabe Reid, Jordan Fox, Quenton Meeks, Frank Buncom, Bryce Love), after speaking with multiple folks over the course of the last week I really do think Stanford is the favorite for each. Now, they're not all locks. It does sound like Notre Dame made a push with Justin Reid. Despite Gabe Reid gushing about Stanford on his visit, Utah and BYU can be persuasive. Quenton Meeks has always been a bit hard to read. Jordan Fox could have been blown away by his Virginia visit. And so on. And David Shaw's recent comments about a class in the 18-20 range give one a bit of pause, because I think it will be more like 21 or 22. But after speaking with several dialed in folks, I think Stanford gets most, if not all, of the uncommitted admitted guys, and finishes with a top-25 ranked class.

Specifically, I still like Stanford's chances with Buncom, Fox, Meeks and Love, still think they're in a good spot with Gabe Reid (though we'll see what he has to say about the Utah/BYU visits), and still would give Stanford a slight edge with Justin Reid, but clearly ND made up a lot of ground this weekend.

-Early returns on KJ Costello's visit are very positive. Will hope to have more on him soon.

This post was edited on 1/25 6:11 PM by Andy Drukarev

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News