ADVERTISEMENT

ROSTER ARROWS VS UW

fborg81

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2010
Not what we do here, but first, a couple of unrelated comments about last week's game.
- Penix is excellent. Not sure if it was the game chat, or subsequent threads that followed, who was calling him overrated. I strongly disagree with that. 12-5 record at Indiana!! Had 2 ACL's done. 18-2 at UW.
- Hated the conversion after TD decisions by CTT. Specifically kicking the PAT after scoring and cutting the lead to 2 - twice.

MID-SEASON REMINDER, 'ROSTER ARROWS' IS A REAL TIME LOOK AT A PLAYER'S STATUS ON THE DEPTH CHART - NOT RELATIVE TO A PLAYER'S PERFORMANCE.

ARROW UP

0 Bernadel - Played every single snap. I wonder when the last time that happened at Stanfordwith an ILB? It says more about the depth at the position, but still....Another solid effort. April sent him after the QB more than usual which, of course, is a smarter play here.
2 Filkins - He gave it a go and got the start but just not able to do much to help the team.
3 Farrell - WR3 out there a bunch without a TE2 on the field much. I want someone to love me as much as CTT loves Farrell on high leverage short-yardage plays both on the ground and in the air.
4 Manley - All things considered, probably the best game of the year.
6 Wright - Starter with Manley. Both guys have been extremely durable and play just about every snap. Quite frankly, he hasn't covered well over the last month. Adds value in the run game and support at the LOS though. But this roster just has nobody to replace struggling cover guys.
8 Sinclair - Starter at ILB. Not good again after the great effort vs UCLA.
11 Tafiti - Starter at the field OLB spot. Really starting to like this player. Put in a BUY order.

14 Daniels - QB1 had a helluva game. CTT is doing a very nice job here.
14 Aybar - You can see the development here too. Has taken over the other OLB position as snap count doubled the starter Keneley.
17 Frausto-Ramos - Starter at NB but split the position with Leigber throughout the night. Freshman has to play the toughest position on defense and has struggled. Tough ask. The back 7/8 cover issues on this team are LOUD.
21 Edwards - I don't have any problems with this young safety. Love his competitive spirit.
22 Smith - Got the majority of the snaps on this night after it was evident Filkins wasn't right. Not much production. Not much protection either. It's amazing how bad the RB group is as a whole in pass protection. Arrow Down on Coach Agnew.
24 Tiger - Love this guy. WR2 is a baller.

26 Irvin - In there for 15 snaps before heading to the locker room.
32 Leigber - NB2 on this night for 20 snaps. Not too good.
33 Gilman - SS played every snap. Nice game.
34 Hampton - 10 snaps in first career action.
40 Phillips - Logged the 3rd most snaps on the DL. Got moved around a little too much by the UW IOL but the guy has some sneaky good pass rush to his game.
44 Cooper - Only 7 snaps but at least the staff knows who he is. Had a nice hustle, chase down tackle.
51 Moi - Locked in as a starter now. Just not much production. The DL group as a unit struggled in this one.
57 Rogers - The personal foul penalty was as big as any other single thing that happened in the game. That being said, Levi have you heard about Lifetime Cardinal? Actually I have no idea what it is myself but if it helps make the decision to stay easier I'm all for it.
61 Mayberry - Funny, the starting LG has not given up a sack this year. If there has ever been a stronger case that sacks are more a QB stat......
69 Maikkula - Starter at RG. I was impressed. Man, this staff must really like Pale. The first-time starter is a technician in pass pro. Easily fit about 20 more lbs of good weight on his frame.
71 McLaughlin - Under siege from the edge all night. Not good. But… Daniels did leave a clean pocket which caused the LT to hold his guy and, on a separate play, you can see how and why he was beaten on the clip below.

78 Baklenko - Frosh starter at LT. 4th different player to give that position a try. I mean he wasn't Little or Peat out there as a freshman in pass protection and it was a difficult ask to begin with. We'll see...
82 Raines - 20 snaps. Probably hasn't slept much since Saturday.

83 Harris - Freshman made his first appearance for 3 snaps and caught a big one!
86 Roush - TE1 left the field for 1 snap. Has been asked to block some pretty damn good edge guys in pass pro and has struggled. Was actually pretty good in that role before Yurosek got hurt. Regardless, I like the guy in the passing game. He is a load to tackle.
91 Caughey - 20 snaps were not good after a nice game last week.
94 Franklin - Starter on the DL led the group in snaps. Has not been great over the last month.
97 Rowell - Only 2 snaps this week, but out there ahead of Armitage and his effort vs UCLA was noted by the staff. BTW, he had 1 tackle - that's as many as Phillips and Moi combined for in 70 snaps.

ARROW DOWN

0 Reuben - Big arrow going down with a season low 12 snaps.
9 Armitage - Didn't see the field.
10 Jorgensen - Just 5 snaps - lowest total since Hawaii.
20 Slocum - Didn't see the field. He definitely played himself to the sidelines, but to be frank, I would rather he be out there than 17.
23 Bailey - 1 snap in the 2Q.
35 Rose - Big arrow down. Did not see the field.
67 Anderson - Player was dressed. Did not see the field.
72 Uke - Looks buried.
76 Leyrer - Staff wants to see others.
77 Berzins - Staff wants to see others.
87 Thompson - Has returned kicks and is out there on other ST's but many others were getting snaps at WR ahead of him.
92 Keneley - Lowest snap count by far this season. Aybar has moved forward.
98 Buckey - Lowest snap count this season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News