ADVERTISEMENT

ROSTER ARROWS V OREGON

fborg81

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2010
ARROW UP

0 Reuben - Led the team in receptions. Made a couple nice one's to bail out Lamson.
0 Bernadel - Led the defense with 9 tackles. Good leader-type for this team.
2 Filkins - Led all RB's in carries and receptions. Snap count doubled Irvin's.
3 Farrell - Highest snap count in '23 but just 1 catch and no carries
4 Manley/ 6 Wright - Targeted 10 times for a total of 100 yards - I'll take that. But each gave up a TD. The one to Manley got him benched.
8 Lamson - First college start. Was it his last? Gamer. Easy to root for. But that was a poorly played game.
8 Sinclair - Still one of our starters. Still one our poorest defenders.
10 Jorgensen - Remains top ILB backup.
11 Tafiti - Really poor game topped off by not setting the edge on long TD run in front of the Stanford bench. Bobby April's position group standing out right now as not being particularly well-coached. BTW, Tafiti got the start ahead of Bailey.
13 Ayomanor - Led the WR group in snaps by a ton. Staff clearly thinks he is the most well-rounded in that room.
14 Aybar - Still not making much of an impact but has been playing better last couple games and snap count rose as Bailey's declined.
17 JF-R - Freshman saw his first action on D - getting a handful of snaps at NB. A couple of those came in the 1Q- he was not really tested. Not sure why the snaps came early but not more often.
20 Slocum - Didn't really notice the player too much in his 50 snaps. That's a good thing.
21 Edwards - Not a great game from the starting free safety. Could have even been worse as Nix missed an easy 7-point throw.
22 Smith - Back in the mix - kind of - with 15 snaps and 6 carries.
24 Tiger - Snap count has increased in every game. I dunno. Kind of a wild player - fits the whole brand. Body and hair are always flying everywhere. Would be fun to see this guy on defense.
26 Irvin - Since this is more of an accurate picture of the depth chart, Irvin makes the arrow up list as the starter at RB. But snaps and carries were down. I think EJ has a gripe here. But I am not at practices or meetings.
32 Leigber - 25 snaps for the free safety. They tried to get him in mostly when Oregon showed heavier personnel.
33 Gilman - Led all defenders in snaps by a bunch. Only a couple of tackles. Need much more from him in a game like this.
40 Phillips - I didn't notice during the game and couldn't really see what happened on film, but he did not play from midway into the 2Q. Clearly an injury issue.
51 Moi - Did his job as well as anyone on defense.
57 Rogers - Has taken every snap this year. He has been very good in pass pro. His snaps have been almost eerily automatic. Solid.
61 Mayberry - Started and took every snap at LG after the 1H benching the previous week. Has put together 6 straight Q's of good pass pro.
67 Anderson - Starter at LT replacing Leyrer. Played every snap but didn't do much to secure the job IMO. But I would imagine they stay with the younger player here.
71 McLaughlin - Best player on the OL. Not saying he is 1st team all conference, but hard to complain about the RT position.
77 Berzins - Starter at RG and played all of the snaps. Looks like we may have found his level as he came back down to earth in this one.
84 Yurosek - Something is amiss here. Since coming back to the mainland, the player has been a better rusher than a pass receiver.
85 Roush - Continues to play about half the offensive snaps as a glorified OL.
91 Caughey - Extended snaps in this one. Held his own. Not very productive but didn't embarrass himself. Fingers crossed on continued development.
92 Keneley - Starter but starting to see snaps reduce. Just not enough production.
94 Franklin - Starter at DT not one of his better games.
98 Buckey - Starter at DT. Not much production. Copy/paste for this defense.

ARROW DOWN

11 Patu - Continues to stay on the sidelines in garbage time. Just a real big arrow down.
14 Daniels - QB2 on this day. TKO ended his day early. Did have a fabulous play scrambling out of trouble and hitting Ayomanor downfield.
15 Butler - Have not seen the player much since Sac St. Was on the field for 2 failed short yardage rushing attempts.

23 Bailey - Did not start but played early. Snap count way down. Really don't like the way the player is utilized or how he plays in that role. This is a "Rush OLB' that finds himself out in coverage half the time. But.. he doesn't engage with run-blockers well. The crosshair now moves from Lance to April.
27 - Porter - I would imagine another older player not too happy with playing time.
44 Cooper - I dunno man. When you look at the OLB group, it's hard to understand why this guy doesn't play more. Just send him and Bailey after the damn QB. Becoming evident that April is trying to make the players fit his system as opposed to the other way.
58 Bank - There was a window that now looks closed.
72 Uke - See Bank
74 Pogorelc - See Uke
76 Leyrer - The LT job was his for the taking. No snaps vs Oregon. Big arrow down.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News