ADVERTISEMENT

Rod Gilmore on Florida State GOR lawsuit

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
When I first heard about the Florida State lawsuit to challenge its Grant of Rights to the ACC, I rolled my eyes a bit. But then today I heard Rod Gilmore talk on KNBR and he made it sound a lot more significant than I had assumed both in terms of its validity and possible cascading impact.

Basically, if FSU somehow manages to win its case, every school in the country will have their GOR invalidated and every school in the country would be a free agent with absolutely no loyalty to any conference. The fact Rod Gilmore would bring this up as a possibility gives a lot more credence to the idea FSU could win. I mean I thought a contract was a contract, but he's suggesting there is more to it than just that. So now this becomes a possible college sports Earthquake and Tsunami that would make any recent upheaval pale in comparison.

Don't know when the lawsuit is scheduled or what legal arguments FSU or the ACC will use, but if I'm the ACC I'd settle this thing before a judge throws all of college sports into total chaos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News