ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruiting Notes

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
It's time to start a new thread. The same guidelines apply as before which is that any information about 2018 or 2019 (heck, even 2020) recruits that people come across they are welcome to post in this thread.

First, I want to update what I said last week about Andres Fox's recruitment. Fox has publicly said that he has a "private leader." I wrote that I didn't expect that an August commitment from Fox would be to Stanford. What I will say now is simply that Stanford is in a good place with Fox.

Cardinal fans may be interested in this story about Fox's development as a highly coveted recruit. And Twitter sleuthers may notice a trend on his Twitter.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/a-list_no_8_mobile_christians.html#incart_river_index

Also, 2019 four star safety Brian Williams is chronicling his recruitment on USA TODAY HSS. Given he is not much of a talker about recruiting this is kind of a nice development. He doesn't say anything that is breaking news about his July 28 visit to Stanford. But if you read the first entry you can see why Stanford should be in this to the end.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-bri...-and-stanford-visits-his-chef-skills-and-more

"I’ve always been a Math person. So, I’m looking forward to my Pre-Calculus class. I love that 2+2 is always 4. There’s no opinion to it. No interpretation involved. It’s just 4. I also have a really cool teacher for History, Mr. Clifford, and I know I’m going like that class too. I had a 3.8 GPA last year. Now, my goal is a 4.0 this year. I always want to be in the top five percent of my class. That’s always my goal!"

So, it may not be the slam dunk of someone calling Stanford his dream school, but Williams is on the verge of being a five star on Rivals and has already visited campus. That's a pretty good starting point heading into his junior year when a staff can recruit him more aggressively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News