ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruiting notes 8.0

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
There isn't a lengthy update to start a new "Recruiting notes" thread, but 7.0 was getting long and there is a tidbit that I didn't want to get lost.

Five star 2020 OT Myles Hinton visited Stanford last weekend with his family. There are a couple reasons there was such a long delay between the visit and me sharing the information. One of them was I couldn't get a hold of Myles to confirm he and his family actually made the trip. He doesn't tweet such things. He confirmed today after informing me he lost his phone.

Christopher Hinton (2019 five star DT) was not able to join Myles on the visit and because he is still committed to Michigan I'm not going to elaborate on his situation with Stanford.

It was Myles' second visit to Stanford. He visited in April with his family shortly after Christopher was offered. Myles doesn't do many interviews but he said this in a Michigan Rivals interview in November.

"Stanford is the school right behind the Wolverines at this time," said Hinton. "I was out there in the spring and he really liked the atmosphere there.

"The weather was nice. It was warm, then it was cool and it just felt great out there. They have everything out there. The education there is elite, they play great football and it is just a place I could see myself learning a lot at."

By process of elimination with Jacob's Junior Day visitors list, that makes Eubanks' follows of Hamilton, Trayanum, Peat, Pauole, and Smith potentially more interesting.

I think Pauole and Smith are on campus. I'll update the other thread when I know for sure. Smith is a local who has visited Stanford many times.

Pritchard broke his Twitter follow drought with a very interesting one: Port Neches (Port Neches-Groves), Texas dual-threat QB Roschon Johnson (composite #200, Texas commit, lots of top offers including Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Florida State) - now followed by Pritchard and Gould

I had flagged Johnson as a very interesting possibility back when Gould followed him. Looks like we should take it even more seriously. Would be great to get one of the top dual threat QBs in the country.

I also found Jacob's write-up of the QB situation as possibly hinting that Johnson was being seriously considered for an offer.

"I think Stanford is leaning toward taking a dual threat to break up the line of more traditional quarterback recruits...... And there are some names I can't share at this time."

Interesting observations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News