ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruiting notes 11.0

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
I'm working to track down some of the movements of the coaches this spring and who they're visiting. There are a few notes from the 10.0 thread that I'm re-posting here because of how long that thread has become.

I just got a text from elite safety Nick Cross (No. 17 overall on 247) that he doubts he can make the May 11-12 junior day but "definitely this summer". Duane Akina came by his school today and Cross said building a relationship with the defensive backs coach is going well.

OT/OG Jake Hornibrook actually visited Stanford this past weekend instead of the May junior day. I'll need to look into my lantern warning system in Hoover Tower because that flew under my radar. Hornibrook said it was a great visit and he and I are supposed to talk about it Wednesday night. He said Stanford is open to him playing either tackle or guard and he enjoys playing either. Obviously any positive momentum in offensive line recruiting is very welcome for Stanford.

OLB/ILB Aeneas DiCosmo is really looking forward to his Stanford visit for the May junior day. He messaged Monday: "I've been waiting for this my whole life." Area recruiter Peter Hansen is his main contact and they've talked about the possibility of DiCosmo playing inside linebacker. According to DiCosmo, Hansen acknowledges that the Bergen Catholic edge rusher is probably a better fit outside, but they're going to kick the tires about a move inside.

I'm curious about how a DiCosmo commitment would affect the thinking about taking one inside linebacker to join to returning LDS missionary Levani Damuni. DiCosmo has no experience playing inside, but his junior season Hudl shows the athletic ability that could make it possible. Also, at the April 8 The Opening Regional in New Jersey he measured in at 6-2.5, 219, 4.8 40 and 4.2 shuttle.

My opinion is to take another ILB and I don't think the numbers in the class will make that a problem. And speaking of ILB candidates, Kane Patterson messaged me that Hansen visited his school today. He is expected to visit for the May junior day.

EDIT: Message from Patterson: "I'm pumped to visit in two weeks." Patterson was really excited about Stanford when he and I talked for the article I posted a month ago. He told me multiple times that Stanford crosses all the boxes of what he's looking for in a school.

Also, Stanford really likes Malvern Prep ILB Keith Maguire, who shows in his junior Hudl that he's a really exciting athlete. Legacy Tristan Sinclair also has made leaps up Stanford's board and has stellar academics in the Harry Miller/Branson Bragg category. I consider Maguire and Sinclair to be the strongest candidates to get the next offers at ILB. I reserve the right to be wrong about that if the staff finds someone else they really like during the evaluation period.

I'm also reaching out to offensive line recruits who are on the radar to get the next Stanford offers. I connected with Hunter Rayburn tonight (no relation but I'm a huge fan). He is not rated by Rivals and is the No. 31 guard according to 247. Here is his junior season Hudl.

The Pensacola native reports offers from Florida, Florida State, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Duke, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech Vanderbilt and others. He has visited Florida State and Texas A&M this month. Hunter told me he talks with Coach Carberry "frequently" and gets mail from Stanford. And according to Hunter, Carberry will visit his high school next week to watch a practice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News