ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Warriors

SLS90

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2017
Am a Warriors fan, but don't dislike the Kings (in fact, kinda like them).

But the suspension of Draymond Green is just complete horse manure.

And the indisputable answer to two questions convinces me of that.

1. What precipitated the entire episode that led officials to review the situation? Without question, it was Sabonis putting his arm lock on Draymond's ankle.

2. What is the universal reaction (by anyone, anywhere) when trying to free your foot from a hold? It is push down, pull up. The degree of push is dependent on the degree of the hold - and Sabonis had him locked up but good. It's just ridiculous to expect any other kind of reaction from Green (or anyone) in that position. That is how you free up your leg. And the violence of the effort to free is mandated by the urgency of what's going on - i.e., a fast break in an NBA basketball game. WTF else do you expect?

Frankly, I thought the Flagrant 2 was a bit over the top, given (a) that Sabonis instigated the whole thing, and (b) Draymond's leg drive down and pull up is a completely normal reaction (I'd almost say knee-jerk, because I think we'd all do the same thing). But okay, if you think the "stomp" was worse than Sabonis's leg lock, then give him a 2.

But the suspension? That is a freaking disgrace. Silver is such a pusillanimous NBA Commissioner, as I believed he bowed to some isolated commentary from folks who don't have the first clue about human nature/instinctive reactions, let alone in the setting of active competition at the highest level.

BTW, right now the Kings look like the superior team - and Fox and Munk are unguardable. (I laughed whenever I heard/read the "Klay is back" comments - yeah, maybe his stroke was rounding into his old form, but his defensive prowess? That was lost forever due to the injuries, and it's not coming back). Why would they even want a series W to be marred/questioned by a bull$hit suspension?

Last point: I used to like Sabonis and thought he was a tough baller. Now, I just view him as another Euro-flopper . . . who was so effing weak in laying down like a little baby. Did anyone, anywhere expect him to really sit out even a second after the incident? What a freaking joke . . .

P.S. To extent the rationalization for suspending Green was his interactions with the fans, that also is total horse manure. He just riled up the home crowd. BFD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News