ADVERTISEMENT

On Demetris

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
OK - I apologize in advance for this post, but here goes...

As I mentioned, Stanford has not seriously pursued Demetris for several months. He hasn't visited, coaches haven't visited him, etc... I have talked to numerous well placed sources who have all conveyed the same thing - barring essentially unprecedented action, Demetris is not a viable option.

However...

There has actually been some contact between the two sides within the last week. If Demetris gets his SAT to where it needs to be - and obviously he needs a rather substantial bump - there is a chance the door could crack open again. A small chance, but a chance.

This would require Demetris going well past Signing Day - well past, not just a few weeks from now when he gets his scores back - and would require him to actually apply and continue to take steps toward admission. It would essentially be an unprecedented action for a recruit of Demetris' caliber and Stanford, but as of 1/28/2016 it is a very slim possibility.

Again, none of this will happen if the SAT isn't what it needs to be, and the rest of the academic stuff needs to be there as well. Essentially, a strong SAT score cracks the door open.

Anyway, I kind of hate to post this because I think the odds of it working out are so remote, but there is actually a very small chance that it will happen when it did not appear that was the case for the last three or so months, so I felt compelled to say something. So don't get your hopes up, but it will at least be worth checking in a few weeks when he gets his test scores back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News