ADVERTISEMENT

Mediocrity is a-ok now?

cardinla

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2016
Our athletic department apparently has no standards anymore - at least for mens basketball. I guess as long as a coach is an honorable and nice guy (and Haase certainly seems to be) the whole winning and losing thing doesn’t matter. At all.

honestly, what would it take for Muir to actually fire a coach? Does attendance need to actually drop to zero at maples? (We’re close!) Do we need to miss the NCAA tourney 10 years in a row? (Again, getting close!) do we need apathy to sweep over the community? (Already there!)

my family and I have held season tickets for the past 10 years. I was a student during our glory days in the final 4 years, I *know* how great our program can be, and I *know* how electric maples can become. If we have a good coach.

our program is a shell of what it was, and I guess that’s fine with our administration. Nothing personal against haase - at this point I’m rooting for him to turn it around (what choice do we have?) but it’s been more than enough time for a program that was elite just a few years ago - though that’s becoming history

I’m tired of excuses and “we’ll get them next year, just look at the recruiting class!”

sad to see that our athletic department seems to be totally fine with mediocrity. I know this isn’t an original thought on this board, but I’m just sick of it. No more donations, maybe time to give up season tickets. argh.

(End of my mini rant)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News