ADVERTISEMENT

Insider's Thread: Tennessee 2024 three-star DE Carson Gentle talks Stanford offer and planned summer visit

Ryan Wright

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2021
ATLANTA – Being the leading tackler on McCallie’s stats championship team as a sophomore has a way of attracting attention, especially coming off the edge. Carson Gentle was anything but for the Blue Tornado with teams dropping seven offers in his lap. The most recent came from Stanford just before his appearance at the Rivals Camp Series in Atlanta.

Gentle spoke about how the Cardinal recruited him leading to the extended opportunity.

“They have been coming to my school for the past couple of months; Lance Anderson (DC), Ron Gould (RB), and John Sikora (OGA),” Gentle said. “On Friday, they had a staff meeting and I gave them a call and they offered me then.”

More offers are on the way, other Power Five teams have been showing interest in Gentle.

“Michigan is showing interest, I have been in contact with them since last summer,” Gentle stated. “Once I go visit them, we will see how it goes. Michigan State has been showing interest and I have been talking to schools like Georgia and other SEC schools.”

Gentle is ready to ball out in front of college coaches this summer.

“I am going to a Michigan Super Camp early June, I am going to Tennessee again for their elite camp to keep building that relationship with their coaches, and I am sure there will be more,” Gentle stated.

The lone summer visit planned for now is with the Cardinal.

“I am planning on going to Stanford this summer in late July, that is the only one I have scheduled right now but there will be more,” Gentle said.

Player Profile:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News