ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta Love Tara

cardcrimson

All Pac-12
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2019
Pulls no punches in a recent interview:

Q: Do you hope that, as the athletes enter into this experience, people will share their experiences so people understand the consequences this has on sports beyond football?

A: The powers that be don’t care. Intellectually, they can figure it out. They understand the consequences for the other sports. This was the choice that people made for the TV money. It’s hard for me to think that a TV executive who might have a daughter or son who went to Stanford or Oregon or Washington or UCLA, that this is the life that they would choose for their children. But this is what adults do. I mean, this does not make sense.

There are all kinds of situations in our world where instead of standing up and saying, “This isn’t right,” we live with it. I don’t see this as being good for us, but it’s what we have to do, and the alternative was worse for us. I mean, I’m not like, “Yay, I can’t wait to fly six hours across the country,” but the thought of not being in a league was more painful.

Q: How many of your fellow Pac-12 coaches have you talked to over the past few weeks?

A: I have talked to people from Stanford probably more than anything. But I have talked to [Cal coach and Stanford alum] Charmin Smith and I talked to [Oregon coach] Kelly Graves. Different coaches in the league have reached out. I know that this doesn’t have anything to do with the basketball coaches. We have no decision making input or anything.

What I do think is kind of interesting is that I’ve not heard from a single ACC school since the announcement that we are going to their conference. I would have reached out to any new coaches [if it had been the other way around]. I would have done that. So I’m kind of surprised that there’s not a single coach in the ACC who I’ve heard from.

Find it really surprising and disappointing that not a single ACC coach has reached out. It's not like she's a coaching legend or anything. Pathetic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News