ADVERTISEMENT

For Those That Remember Darrin Nelson

Baboli

All-American
Nov 8, 2004
This kid Mac is truly something special. His subtle movements, instincts and vision are simply sublime, truly a pleasure to watch the kid play. (There are plenty of kids with straight line speed, the above makes a good/great football player.)

I kind of remember Nelson, I seem to remember him being very similar, albeit much shorter, and lighter.

(Mac seems more of a glider, but certainly has some wiggle and lateral shake too)

While it is still early, for those who remember Nelson, is it possible that Mac is even better?

Simple test, if you could have one on your football team, who would you take, a 2nd year Nelson or this year's Mac?

BTW, another special feature of Mac which really identifies him as a true FB player, you almost never see RBs on the ST coverage teams, that kid was on them, but also GREAT at them. I dont EVER remember seeing a RB do that.

If I weren't a Stanford fan, he is so good, Ild tune in just to watch him play.

Who do you take a 2nd year Nelson, or this year's Mac if you could only pick 1?

Sorry, just cant stop, that move he put in the ILB in coverage was ridiculous, absolutely made a D1 LB look silly, the play where he shook him, LB went left, Mac went right, and then caught the pass, just wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: MightyTree
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News