ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Football recruiting notes: March

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Alrighty, here is the football recruiting notes thread for March. February one is here.

The big thing to look for in March is who visits for the junior day held March 10-11. I'll be reaching out to recruits soon to get as many responses back for that as possible. Which guys end up visiting for the junior days will give us good insight into which targets Stanford has the best chance with. That said, there are a few guys that are standing out right now.

First off, Stanford has a commit already locked in for 2024 in 3-star cornerback Jamir Benjamin. He's a guy who should help reel in other guys. Always nice to have a commit already on board in a class this early.

At quarterback, 4-star Elijah Brown out of Mater Dei is a top target. Lots of schools after him, especially the Pac-12, but Stanford is definitely in there. Hopefully for Stanford, they'll be able to get him out on a junior day visit.

3-star safety Jalyen McClain included Stanford in his top 10 while 4-star tight end Max LeBlanc included Stanford in his top eight, so there's definitely some hope there with both guys.

Given the family connection, I think 3-star wide receiver Chase Farrell is a guy who they should have good odds with.

They should at least be able to get him out on a junior day visit. 4-star tight end Ryner Swanson has said good things about Stanford and seems interested.

3-star offensive tackle Gibson Pyle, I think is viewing Stanford very favorably right now. If you read my recent article on him, you'd know he's interested in the computer science program. I'm still liking my FutureCast there.

4-star linebacker Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa and 4-star cornerback Marcelles Williams are both teammates with 2023 4-star commit Jshawn Frausto-Ramos, so those are two guys who the staff should be on really hard.

4-star inside linebacker Kari Jackson committed to Penn State. He was planning on visiting for the March Junior Day. I'll check if that's still on, but I doubt it. He's one who the staff should definitely keep working on to see if they can flip. Just because they had been on him going back to their days at Wisconsin.

3-star cornerback Kyren Condoll will be visiting for the March junior day one week after visiting Cal.

And then, there's a bunch of other 2024 guys who they've recently offered: offers list is here. Which of those guys actually visits for the junior days will tell us a lot more. One other 2024 guy to quickly mention is 3-star offensive tackle Mark Schroller. Hasn't been offered, but he visited for the January junior day. The staff is planning to see him in the spring and see what happens from there.

Touching quickly on 2025, click here for the offers list. As far as 2025 guys who haven't been offered, but could soon, four guys stand out as they all visited for the January junior day: quarterback Wyatt Becker, 4-star outside linebacker Weston Port, running back Carter Jackson, running back and Dane Dunn. Jackson visited twice prior, so he's showing a lot of interest.

As for 2026, outside linebacker Talanoa Ili has been offered. He's already got some other quality offers as well like Cal, USC, Michigan State, and Arizona. So, he's obviously got a lot of talent.

That's all I got to kick off this thread. Feel free to add to the conversation of course. I just wanted to make sure this got done promptly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News