ADVERTISEMENT

Football recruiting notes: March

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
It's March, which means time for a new football recruiting notes thread. The February thread is here. Read through that if you missed anything. Lots of offers were put out during the month of February. This upcoming weekend is the second Junior Day. I will reach out to recruits who I haven't heard back from and then I'll add in here later in the week who I know for sure is coming. Some have already been mentioned in the February thread, so once again check that in the meantime. I'll also mention those who I know are coming off the top of my head below.

Lots of 2023 guys still in play that the staff is after. The key names in 2023 at the moment are 4-star quarterback Dylan Lonergan, 4-star quarterback Jaden Rashada, 4-star wide receiver Braylon James, 4-star wide receiver Rashid Williams (teammates with Rashada), 3-star wide receiver Tiger Bachmeier, 4-star wide receiver Tyler Williams (already confirmed he'll be visiting this weekend for Junior Day), 4-star tight end Walker Lyons, 4-star tight end Jaxon Howard (His dad didn't hit me back, but the staff is still trying), 4-star OT Olaus Alinen, 3-star OT Heath Ozaeta, 3-star defensive end Grant Buckey, 4-star defensive end Enow Etta (visiting this weekend), 3-star defensive end Hunter Clegg, 4-star outside linebacker Tackett Curtis (will be visiting this weekend), 4-star defensive back Calvin Simpson-Hunt (Texas Tech commit who'll be visiting this weekend), 3-star defensive back Micah Belll, 3-star defensive back Brock Fonoimoana (LDS kid who is set to be my next interview), and 3-star athlete Samuel Omosigho. So, if you're looking at names that could be next in line to join 4-star tight end Jaden Platt, I'd start with that group. But there are some newly offered guys who I haven't yet gotten much of a feel for. So this isn't meant to be an exhaustive list.

Also, at the end of last month, 2024 running back Anthony Carrie was the first offer that Stanford extended in that class. More to come obviously once I hear back from more guys about this week's Junior Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News