ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Football recruiting notes: April

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Alrighty, the football recruiting notes thread for April is here. The thread for March can be found here. Scroll through that if you missed anything.

First of all, Stanford has their third and final Junior Day this month. It'll be next weekend Friday the 7th through Saturday the 8th. I will do my best to get as many of those visitors as possible. I'll (A) reach out to recruits as always and then (B) I'll see if I can get some sort of list as well. As I said in the March thread, there are benefits of me asking recruits directly. I get a vibe of how excited they are, I also get tipped off about other visit plans, etc. So, I'll be doing both.

As of right now, here is who I have as visiting for the April Junior Day: 4-star quarterback Elijah Brown, 4-star defensive end Dylan Stephenson, 3-star cornerback Khari Reid, 3-star safety Zahir Rainer, 3-star safety Casey Etienne, and 3-star cornerback Brandon Nicholson (who I've gotten good vibes from). And then 3-star offensive tackle Fox Crader will be visiting later this month, on April 21st.

One name who I'm not sure has been mentioned, but I want to make sure was mentioned is 2024 3-star defensive tackle Nikhil Jefferson. He visited Stanford March 16th. He has not announced an offer, but he's one who I'll check on to see how things are coming. If he has been mentioned already, great. But I wanted to make sure it got mentioned in here in case he wasn't.

The 2024 class is starting to take shape with 3-star wide receiver Chase Farrell, 3-star defensive end Jacobi Murray, and 3-star cornerback Jamir Benjamin all committed. Stanford's class is currently 41st in the Rivals team rankings, so they have some work to do, but it's early yet. Speaking of rankings and being early yet, just by having 3-star offensive guard Charlie Hoitink committed, Stanford has the 11th ranked class in the 2025 Rivals team rankings! Obviously it's very early, but it just shows you how not very many schools have a commit for the 2025 class.

Two March visitors who I think we should keep a close eye on are 4-star defensive end Benedict Umeh and 3-star cornerback Kyren Condoll. Umeh said he's really interested in the CS program, so that's a real plus. He seems to like Stanford for all the right reasons and then same with Condoll. The fact that he visited Cal right before shows he's interested in a high academic environment as well. Condoll is a guy who is on my radar to interview soon.

And then also, one possible/likely visitor for the April Junior Day that I should highlight is 4-star wide receiver Kwazi Gilmer. I haven't confirmed when he's visiting, but he is on the record as saying he's planning to visit both Stanford and UCLA. He didn't get back to me about visiting in March and I don't believe he was there. So, it's likely that he'll visit for the April Junior Day or shortly thereafter. I'll see if I can get a confirmation on his visit date.

Aside from that, that's pretty much all I got for this month. Only other thing I should mention is the staff is actively following transfer targets as well. @SamuelMcF has done a great job of tracking those. So do check the March thread for that as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News