ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Notes: February

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
It's February, which means it's time for a new football recruiting notes thread. The previous thread from January is here.

The big news over the weekend of course was the first round of Junior Days. The next two Junior Days are the first weekends in March and April. In the January thread, I posted the latest updates on all of that. Who visited over the weekend that I was able to confirm and also what the plans of others are as well. There seems to be a healthy mix of guys going to Junior Days across different dates. Some will be in attendance for March, others for April. Others aren't sure yet which date they'll attend. If anyone wants me to post a concise run down of all the responses I got back in one post, I'm more than happy to do that. Just let me know. But for the mean time, it's all in the January thread. Pages 4 and 6 is where the meat of that is. Of the guys who did visit over the weekend, the two big names that we know of are Dylan Lonergan and Walker Lyons. Lonergan we'd known for a couple weeks or so that he was coming this past weekend, but Lyons we didn't know about until he posted his arrival on Twitter. He kinda kept us all in the dark until the very end.

Also, @SamuelMcF has been doing a phenomenal job of tracking coaching visits! Really been helpful! So, do check the January thread to get caught up to speed on that as well. I have no doubt that he'll keep bringing the heat on that in February!

Lastly, Wednesday is National Signing Day. For Stanford, the main thing to watch for there is what 3-star cornerback Collin Wright does. He has not given any public indication what he's going to do, but he remains verbally committed to Stanford. One would think if he was planning on flipping, he would have done it by now. But maybe he'll do a hat switch on Wednesday. Aside from him, the 2022 class looks to be pretty finalized. December was where all the action was. Some other PWOs could get added, I'm not aware of any grad transfers beyond Patrick Fields, but maybe there's a surprise there. But aside from that, Wednesday's big focus is on Wright and whether or not he's going to stick with the Cardinal's class.

So, those are the main things I wanted to lead with to kick off this thread. One other thing I should add is I will see if I can land an interview with David Bailey soon. I'll reach out to team communications guys and see if I can get something set up on campus. He's the only early enrollee who I did not interview post-commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News