ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 2018 Introduction: Jack West

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
This is the first story we've done on a 2018 prospect (and it will likely be the last one we do for at least several months) - there's really no need/interest in 99.999 percent of prospects who are a few weeks removed from being freshmen in high school.

However, Jack West is no ordinary freshman. He already has offers from Alabama, Auburn and UCLA and several others, he has a 4.5 GPA early in his high school career (apparently never even made a 'B'), and was one of the top QB's at Stanford's camp last month. I didn't watch some of the other top rising sophomores over the years as closely as I did West, but I cannot imagine any of them were better than Jack at the same stage - he was really, really good and is only going to get better. Stanford needs to figure out 2017 QB recruiting first, but if there was ever a candidate for a super-early QB offer, it would be West.

(Granted, he has yet to actually start a varsity game, but the kid has the makings of being a special, special player - and one who really values academics. So he'll be one to keep an eye on over the next few years.)

https://stanford.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1782036

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News