ADVERTISEMENT

The madness of sportswriters

hulk

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2001
Minneapolis MN
I kid you not: This is from SI's Bruce Feldman:

1. Saquon Barkley, Penn State, RB: He worked some magic early, torching Ohio State for a touchdown on the opening kick return and then later in the first half breaking off a 36-yard touchdown run, but that was about it for him. The Buckeyes roared back for a one-point win and bottled him up. He ended up with just 44 yards rushing on 21 carries. He’s the best all-around back in the country, but this race tightened after this weekend.

2. Bryce Love, Stanford, RB: I almost bumped Josh Adams above him. Love was sidelined this week against Oregon State. The Cardinal barely won. Love’s stats on the year are still gaudy, going for 10.3 yards per carry, but the hefty rushing totals of Adams and Arizona’s Tate have taken some of the air out of the Love stat line.

3. Josh Adams, Notre Dame, RB: The Irish O-line deserves more love, but I’m sure they don’t mind boosting the 6'2", 225-pound junior’s Heisman campaign. He went over 200 yards against a tough NC State defense, making it four games in a row with at least a 73-yard run. Adams now has seven runs of 60 yards or longer. Last year no one had more than five.

None of us probably know where to begin with the above, so I won't start. Yet. Head-shaking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News