ADVERTISEMENT

Shaw Called Me This Morning

CardGamer

All-American
Apr 14, 2015
He wanted me to deliver this message to the CSR, but said he would deny it if anyone ever asked him about it:

Hello Stanford fans. I’ve been reading the CSR for a long time and the Bootleg before that. Gary, we need to get dinner sometime. Anyway, the reason I’m telling CG to deliver this message is to address some speculation that’s been gathering steam.

Some people on the board came up with the crazy idea that I make decisions as a head coach of Stanford football that aren’t strategic just to show up the fans here. That I put the offense into a shell like a turtle when it makes no sense to do that just to frustrate the fans. That I’m willing to risk an $8 million/year job just to mess with you folks. (The reported number is b.s. I take home far more.)

Today, I’m here to say that you all are absolutely right! I don’t need the money anymore. I’m set for life and so are my kids. You only get one shot at this ride they call life and I’m making the most of it. I can’t possibly tell you how much satisfaction I get when I read the CSR after a game like the one last night. Nothing in the world beats shoving it right in the face of the 1,000 people in the world who actually pay attention to the job that I do here at Stanford.

Have a nice day suckers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News