ADVERTISEMENT

ROSTER ARROWS (OFFENSE) - CAL POLY

fborg81

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2010
Unfortunately, no video clips this week. I was not able to record the ESPN+ broadcast and the youtube replay is a grind without the ability to use a remote to rewind and fast forward.
Just going to post the offense right now. As I said the watchback on youtube has been a grind.

ARROW UP - OFFENSE

0 REUBEN -
Played throughout, essentially getting Harris' snaps from G1. Played pretty well after not seeing the field in G1 - caught all 3 targets and opened the scoring on Saturday.
2 BROWN - First college snaps went pretty damn well. Placement on throws were like extended handoffs. I would be shocked, frustrated and disappointed if he was not given at least a 1H scripted series at Syracuse.
5 DAVIS JR - First college snaps also went pretty damn well. Not sure how many snaps he will get moving forward as Ford and Irvin are better backs and there just isn't really a different dimension he adds. Maybe his own little package of a handful of snaps.
8 LAMSON - The guy has a specific and important, albeit minimal role. That will always keep him on this list even though Brown is clearly QB2.
13 AYOMANOR - WR1 was quiet.
14 DANIELS - Pretty solid game. I just wish he could climb a pocket, or at least hang in there a little longer, before always taking off.
20 FORD - RB1A - Looked good catching the ball.
24 BACHMEIER - Starter and 3rd in snaps of the group. ZERO targets.
26 IRVIN - 2 BIG catches down the sideline.
55 PALE - Starter at RG went the whole way. Looked much better in pass pro vs step down in class.
58 HOUSE - Starter at LT - Interesting watch. Love that he chooses against knee braces. The towel hanging in the back made me laugh. Not your prototypical length for the position. I liked the guy in pass pro. The sack that was given to him was 100% NOT his fault as there was miscommunication between Maikkula and Leyer which caused a free runner inside. He was clueless in the run game. Gets pulled off the field in the Lamson package.
69 MAIKKULA - Starter at OC. Played there 2 series and then some snaps at LG. Did not play after halftime. I have no idea what the staff was doing here. There has to be a backstory. This is not a good player right now.
76 LEYRER - Starter at LG and played the majority. Kind of a tweener between a OG and OT. This OL, man. I dunno.
78 BAKLENKO - Starter at RT and played thru 3 quarters. Just not very physical but he is still young.
84 CISSE - Started and caught all 8 of his targets, kind of. Big drop for a TD but wiped off with a penalty.
86 ROUSH - TE1 had 3 catches and a TD.
88 BLACKBURN - TE2 second straight game with a handful of snaps for the frosh.

ARROW DOWN - OFFENSE

9 JACKSON -
Has been passed by Brown. We knew this was going to happen when Brown enrolled in the spring and got confirmation on Saturday.
15 BUTLER - No snaps in first 2 games
34 HAMPTON - The freshman class has passed him but still an important role eating a schollie for baseball.
57 ROGERS - Benched the first 2 series then played the rest of the way. I'm lost.
67 ANDERSON - No snaps in first 2 games. Not looking great for him right now but staff is clearly still searching for a combination.
71 MCLAUGHLIN - Incumbent starter at RT benched. Came in to protect Brown's front side in the 4Q.
72 UKE - See Anderson.
83 HARRIS - Well that didn't last very long. No snaps until late 4Q

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.