ROSTER ARROWS (DEFENSE) - CAL POLY

fborg81

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2010
ARROW UP - DEFENSE

0 BERNADEL
- Nice, clean game.
2 STEPHENSON/ 18 SUMLIN/ 28 RICHARDSON/ 51 MATTINGLY - Frosh got in late for first action.

4 MANLEY - He is what he is - not great but one of the best we have so...
5 GREEN - Starting out there in the 3-headed safety nickel package. Bit like a large mouth bass who hadn't eaten in a month on the double pass for CP TD.
6 WRIGHT - I thought both he and Manley should have shown better in this game. I come away from a lot of games feeling that way. Wright is a good player, I just feel like there is more.
8 SINCLAIR - Good game from both starters at ILB.
11 TAFITI - Still in there early subbing for Bailey but snaps were way down. Good news was he did not miss any tackles. Bad news was he did not get close to the ball for any tackles.
14 AYBAR - Cmon man, force a fumble. Get to the QB. We need MORE.
21 EDWARDS - Off to a quiet start.
23 BAILEY - No problem with this player thru 2 games. He may not like football much but he's giving a good effort.
32 LEIGBER - Liabilty in the passing game but makes up for some of it against the run.
35 ROSE - Saw some early action subbing for Sinclair and Bernadel. Looked fine in a couple dozen snaps.
40 PHILLIPS - Started but did not finish. Blew up a run play early and got his arm caught on the carrier. Did not look good. If he and Patterson are both out some time that would not be great but this is the deepest position group on the roster.
44 COOPER - Looked lost against the run. But... why not sub him in for Aybar on passing downs and get the best of both players???
45 STAPLES - Obvious beneficiary of the unit down 2 guys but he got an early 2Q snap and then 10 more later. Not bad.
75 BM-O Looked much better in G2
94 FRANKLIN - Starter didn't find himself around the ball much but held his ground.
97 ROWELL - I like this guy! Can move, he's strong and has a huge motor. Has a chance.
98 BUCKEY - Back end of the DL rotation

ARROW DOWN - DEFENSE

17 FRAUSTO RAMOS
- Was very active in garbage time.
30 DUBRE - ST player has not seen a snap on D
31 MORRIS - Got some nickel snaps late. He and JF-R are both on the list for not being able to crack the #1 nickel package.
61 MAYBERRY - No snaps

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.