ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Giants

SLS90

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2017
Was never a big Kapler guy becaiuse I found him too beholden to analytics and the just-under-the-surface-disposition that reeked of "I am the smartest guy in the room."
One of the things that drove me nuts - aside from platooning irrespective of whether a player was hot or not - was the "bring a pitcher in for his one-inning role." I was hoping the new regime would be better on that front.

Nope.

Someone, for the love of god, tell me why you don't keep your closer in for the 10th inning, in a 0-0 game, especially when he breezes through the ninth? I mean, I've never understood one inning limits for the late inning guys. In any game, under any scenario. If that pitcher breezed through his inning in 10 pitches, let him go back out there. WTF?!? Hell, the Braves kept their ace closer in for the 10th and prevented the Giants from getting the courtesy runner home. That kind of managerial myopia or knee-jerkism (or whatever you want to call it) is just idiotic.

As with college football, the manager/coaches should let their eyes inform their decisions.

One other thing: the Giants absolutely SUCK at getting runners home when on 2B with 0 outs; or on 3B with fewer than 2 outs. Absolutely suck.
That is also disgusting. Today in first inning, the Giants had runners on 1B and 3B with 0 outs. Did they score? Of course not: K, K, ground out.

I wanna believe this team can make the playoffs, but with the way they utterly gag in the above categories, it's hard to see them making a WC position.

Mini-rant over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.