ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Hoops: Assist to Turnover Ratio

bl82

All Pac-12
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2016
Tiburon, CA
I wasn't surprised to see that we are 283rd in the country with our 0.89 A/TO ratio, but what surprised me was the individual breakdown. Forgetting Blake Pagon for a moment (whose last assist was Dec 15), only two Stanford players have more assists than TOs. One of those is Dajon Davis, who just went into the plus column at the end of January. The other, of course, is Robert Cartwright, whose 60 assists to 26 TOs stands out in a very positive fashion, even in absentia.

In the near miss category are Dorian Pickens and Isaac White, each of whom is one assist away from evening their personal ledger. I thought Oscar da Silva might be close to break even, but he is currently 9 assists short of being even. I would also expect Kezie Okpala to be a net positive assist guy once he gets a little more time under his belt, but he is also -9 at the moment.

As an aside, 23 teams have an A/TO ratio of 1.40 or higher, including a disproportionate number of the top teams in the country: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/474/p1

Last year our Achilles heel was three pointers, this year it is A/TO. What will it be next year?

Reactions: rawbbbbbb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News