ADVERTISEMENT

McDonald's 12?

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
After reading this, I tried to think of a possessive brand name that would work to replace the "Big" in Big 12, and name the subject of the post after what it would be. Would the official conference logo then include the Golden Arches with the #12? I guess it would. Anyway, the chase for more and more money never ends. But, I don't' think private equity is the answer. PE exists to ruthlessly cut costs to maximize profit. By definition, this unregulated college sports market is being driven by wanting to spend more. These conferences better not get so desperate that they become minority owners in their own thing. The "we'll only take 12%-15%" sounds great until the fine print that says we get to buy more if certain performance milestones aren't met, kicks in when they aren't. PE is a deal with the devil. A naming rights deal for a conference may sound gross, but it makes more sense. Good luck keeping the athletes from getting paid, universities, when yer so cravenly selling out your soul for cash.

• Wow
Reactions: BenParker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News