ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Key Quotes: 2025 commit Rashad Hayes

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Hey guys, I just caught up with 2025 Stanford baseball commit Rashad Hayes out of Bishop O'Dowd. Listed as a second baseman/shortstop. He committed last week. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

"Growing up I always heard Stanford was a great school for education and had one of the best baseball programs in the world which sparked my first interest. Then I went to a game when I was younger and loved everything about it."-On why Stanford is where he's always wanted to go

"When I went to campus I really enjoyed the area and how everything is set up. Their baseball field and facilities will always be my favorite, but I really enjoyed the campus and school as a whole." -On the campus and environment of Stanford

"My relationship with the coaches at Stanford is great, they believe in me and I am very thankful for them giving me an opportunity to play at the next level. They are very competitive coaches and are determined to win. They also have very close relationships with their players from the day they commit to play at Stanford which is very important to a player for their development."-On the coaching staff

"I think I am a very athletic player with a very smooth repeatable swing and great actions up the middle on defense. I am very confident in my abilities and think I project to play shortstop, but if I am told to play second I’m fine with that too as long as I’m on the field."-On his strengths and what Stanford likes about his game

"One player I love to study for hitting is Vladdy Jr. We have similar stances and hand placement. He is one of the best in the game and I love learning from him. On defense I feel I try to emulate a mix of Tim Anderson and Tatis. I try to have the flexibility of Tatis and the athleticism of Tim Anderson which are two great players."-On which MLB players he likes to study

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.