ADVERTISEMENT

In other gymnastics news...

akiddoc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2006
My son is finishing up his freshman year at University of Illinois Chicago. On the fifth day of classes the Athletic Director called a meeting for the men's and women's gymnastics teams and announced that the school was discontinuing the gymnastics programs after this year. It was a devastating event for all of those kids. I spoke to my son multiple times over the next few weeks, trying to help him through it. The two best gymnasts on the team transferred out almost immediately (to Cal and U of Illinois). The team did not do so well this year without them. My son had an injury in November that kept him out of a good part of the season. He managed to compete in 3 meets, not at full strength, as an NCAA athlete. The team will be going to college club status next year. There are 2 other very good club teams, ASU and U of Washington. The club teams do compete against the NCAA teams, but can not go to NCAA championships.

Here he is at 32:05:
(Strange detail: Stanford vs Nebraska wrestling meet going on in the same gym at the same time)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News