ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit Hawaii OL Nate Herbig picks Stanford (with story/quotes)

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
Hawaii offensive lineman Nate Herbig just announced his commitment to Stanford.

We've discussed Herbig a significant amount here in the last week or so, but the quick rundown is that he was probably the best offensive lineman at Stanford's camp last week, picked up an offer immediately following the camp, and is now committed.

Herbig projects as a guard for the Cardinal, and he could be a good one. He had one of the best offensive linemen I've seen the last few years at a Stanford camp, and his recruiting stock is definitely on the rise. He was very good at the Los Angeles Rivals Camp, he was very good at a camp in Hawaii (which led to a few more offers), and I can basically guarantee he will make a massive jump in the Rivals rankings. He should have plenty of upside, too. Herbig has already lost weight and should continue to make strides as he continues to reshape his body.

After watching him at camp and chatting with several other folks who were there/participated, I think this is a terrific addition for the Cardinal - don't let the low Rivals ranking or relatively sparse offer list (at least compared to some of Stanford's other 2016 commits) fool you - he's a very talented player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News