ADVERTISEMENT

Football Video: David Shaw Oregon Week Press Conference

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
David Shaw took questions from the media during the regularly scheduled Tuesday press conference in a game week and, as has become the norm, an injury update led off the first team-related part of the meeting. Thankfully no one on the team has COVID-19 and that is a testament to the great work by everyone in the program, along with a bit of luck that everyone needs.

Injury Report: It was a pretty bad first one of the season. Dorian Maddox, Jacob Mangum-Farrar, Tristan Sinclair and Nicolas Toomer are likely out for the season. Devastating news for those guys and it's a major hit to the depth at inside linebacker and cornerback. Kyu Kelly, Gabe Reid and Loa Kaufusi are "unlikely" for this Saturday unless "something drastically changes". I wrote my thoughts about those injuries and the immediate impact on the team in a story linked here.

Thunder Keck is penciled in as the starter in place of Reid, but I believe it's safe to bet that Stephen Herron, Tobe Umerah and Andres Fox will play as well. It is to be determined who will start in place of Kelly. Ethan Bonner is the current pick to start at the other corner spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News