ADVERTISEMENT

Rundown of football recruiting situations leading up to Signing Day

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
None of this is really new information, but just wanted to put it all in one place. This what to watch for in the next two weeks leading up to Signing Day. Obviously things can and do change, and I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on any new developments/post any new information I receive.

-Super duper important 2016 QB prospect K.J. Costello flew in to the Bay Area this evening to begin an absolutely critical unofficial visit.

-Campus Insiders. Cal, Stanford, Vandy and Notre Dame are the finalists. I like Stanford's chances coming out of the official visit weekend.

-Quenton Meeks is done with official visits. He's down to Cal, Stanford and Vandy and plans to make a Signing Day announcement. I like Stanford's chances coming out of the official visit weekend.

-Jordan Fox is down to Virginia and Stanford. He's taking his UVA visit this weekend and should decide shortly thereafter, though he has not set a decision date. I like Stanford's chances coming out of the visit weekend.

-Gabe Reid is planning to take official visits to Utah and BYU the next two weekends and then decide on Signing Day. I like Stanford's chances coming out of the visit weekend. (He publicly admits to favoring the Cardinal.)

-Bryce Love will take his final official visit to Tennessee this weekend. (It does look like the trip is still on even with the Vols getting another RB commitment tonight.) He will announce his decision on Jan. 30. Stanford and Tennessee are thought to be the frontrunners, though Bryce says he is still considering the in-state schools and Virginia Tech. I feel good about Stanford's chances coming out of the visit though I don't have quite as much confidence at this point as with the first four 2015 recruits mentioned.

-Dylan Jackson is taking his final official visit to Georgia Tech this weekend. A decision could come at any point after. He's down to Stanford, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. Lots of positive vibes coming out of David Shaw's in-home visit with Dylan on Monday, but Vanderbilt is a real competitor here and we'll see how his visit to Georgia Tech goes.

-Justin Reid is visiting Notre Dame this weekend and LSU next weekend. He's expected to make a Signing Day decision. Stanford might have a slight lead here but I've talked to a few folks about him post-Stanford official and nobody has a great feel for where he's headed. Both Notre Dame and LSU (if they want him) are legitimate threats. So we'll see.

-Anree Saint-Amour is a bit up in the air. It's probably Stanford or Georgia Tech, but we'll see what happens with admissions. It's kind of a fluid situation right now. No set decision date.

-Reagan Williams took his Stanford official and is still committed to the Cardinal. But Michigan recently offered and he will consider the Wolverines. He'll take an official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend. Williams has been admitted. Essentially Stanford's entire offensive staff is expected to pay him an in-home visit next Thursday in an attempt to solidify his Cardinal commitment.

-There's a chance a player committed elsewhere (we've never discussed him here) will take an official visit to Stanford on Jan. 30. I will reveal the name when I can. Stanford commits Houston Heimuli and Jay Tyler are expected to visit that weekend. To the best of my knowledge there aren't any other stealth type recruits out there, though you never say never.

-Walk-on candidates: QB AJ McFarlane was a strong walk-on candidate but it didn't work out with admissions. There are probably other walk-on candidates but those are the only ones I'm aware of so far; I will try to get more names to pass along soon.

This post was edited on 1/23 12:03 AM by Andy Drukarev

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News